Winter Family

Winter Family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

World's Largest Aquarium

So one of the perks of working for the government is the insane amount of holidays you get off of work. So with the MLK holiday before us and no school and no work, we decided to take a short drive up to Atlanta and see some of the sites. Did you know Atlanta has the world's largest aquarium? How could we pass something like that up? It was amazing and the kids had a blast. Cody just was in awe as he walked around saying "wow" every few minutes.




After that we took some time to play around the Olympic village area. It had some fun playgrounds that the kids enjoyed.


I will say I am excited about the many opportunities living down here will give us that we would have never done if we had stayed put. I look forward to many fun adventures while I'm down south. Feel free to come join us anytime :)

2 comments:

Julie Freeman said...

Alright, that's it! I'm coming, not just for the aquarium but these pictures make me miss you guys so much! I really do miss you a ton! I'm glad you are getting out and exploring a little, looks awesome!

Tracy said...

Wendi, I'm so glad you're enjoying Atlanta! How far of a drive is it for you? If you liked the GA Aquarium, you'll LOVE the Tennessee Aquarium, about 2 hours north of Atlanta in Chattanooga, TN. The Tennessee Aquarium is our favorite of the 5 we've done around the country. It follows life from the begining of a river (ducks, bass, alligators, etc) to the end where it dumps into the ocean (fish, sharks, jellyfish, etc.) I can't believe you're so close to my family! We'll definately call you if we get back to Atlanta in the next 2 years. Love ya babe!