Winter Family

Winter Family

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Softball Mania!

So the softball season has begun in full swing down here in Georgia. It is amazing how serious they take their sports down here, especially baseball and softball. Our league has won state and regional championships for years counting. I am both very grateful and annoyed for this expertise coaching and experience Alexa is receiving. She learned more her first practice here than probably all four previous years of softball. That is fabulous. However it has taken over our lives. Practices several times a week and games lasting over two hours each. Did I feel this way every other season? Perhaps. Alexa loves it though and is getting quite good. I guess for that I can buck up and love every night at the baseball fields....

On another note, Paige recently had a Wacky Wednesday at school and I just had to take a picture of her to send to my family. If you know me at all, I am a little controlling when it comes to what my children wear, so we were all happy when a day came and Paige could pick whatever she wanted and be as crazy as possible and I was all right with it. :)

2 comments:

Julie Freeman said...

So glad to see Paige can dress like Ava! I love the color of your green wall, and that picture of Alexa on canvas is still my all time favorite! Go softball!

Tracy said...

Oh, honey, I forgot about how crazy Georgian's get about sports....especially baseball/softball! Wow, my heart goes out to you! My sister's son was scouted at the age of 9! It's SERIOUS business out there. Good luck! Glad Alexa is enjoying it!